Baccus is a trading name of Man John Limited, a company registered in England no. 02903675
- We only collect what is necessary, so we can provide you with the service you expect
- We handle and store it securely, so you know your data is safe
- We only use it for what we say we'll use it for, so you can shop with us with confidence
WE WILL NEVER SELL, ASIGN OR PASS ON YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT, SUBJECT TO ANYTHING THE LAW REQUIRES US TO DO.
Man John Limited, and any trading names thereof, is the sole Data Controller for the purposes of collecting and processing data and can be contacted using the contact details available on our website.
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE DATA/INFORMATION
1.1. Information we process & why
- Name, address and contact details including telephone number and email address - this is so we can fulfil your order, protect against fraud and follow-up with you if there is a problem. We will also send you emails to keep you up-to-date with things at Baccus - this is only if you give us permission to do so - and we may use these details to show you adverts for Baccus when you're browsing the internet
- Date of Birth - we only collect this if you choose to provide it and we will only use it to send you offers on your birthday
- Payment information (including card CVV numbers) - we have to collect these to process payments and refunds and to protect against fraud - WE DO NOT RETAIN OR STORE THIS INFORMATION
- Basket history - our website tracks what you put in your basket and we will send you an email if we have noticed you have left things in there without completing a purchase, in case you still want to buy them
- Purchase history - we keep a record of what our customers have purchased as it helps makes sure we get what people want in the future and keeps us ahead of the competition
1.2. Storage, security and disclosure of information
All personally identifiable data records which are collected when you complete a transaction through our website or sign up to our mailing lists are stored electronically and are protected by encrypted software and passwords. On occasions, it is necessary to retain such records in paper copy on a temporary basis with disposal of all records undertaken through confidential document disposal services. We take the safe storage of all data and the security of all our communications very seriously.
However, the internet is an insecure medium and as such there are risks which while we do our best to minimise and mitigate, we cannot eliminate completely. All transactions carried out through our website are authorised by your card issuing bank. We are rigorous in protecting cardholders and we may contact you for additional security purposes should it be deemed necessary.
WE DO NOT AND WILL NEVER sell your data to third parties including your name, address, email address or telephone number or any payment information. However, your information will on occasion be shared with the following companies and organisations to ensure we are able to fulfil your order and deliver the level of customer service and experience you expect:
- Affiliates, subsidiaries or partner companies of Man John Ltd
- Payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and the services of other payment providers which Baccus offers.
We will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when required to by law or in good faith in the belief that to do so is necessary to investigate or protect against suspected criminal activities to our customers, visitors, associates, property (including this website) and to others.
1.3. Marketing communications
If you have consented to us using your email address and other personal information for marketing purposes, we will occasionally send you marketing emails to keep you informed of what is happening at Baccus along with exclusive offers and events. We use the Mailchimp email marketing platform to send our emails and your name, email and date of birth (if you have provided it) is stored on our Mailchimp email lists in order to allow us to send you emails. Mailchimp's lists also detail the total value of any purchases you have made through our website, assuming that these purchases were made when logged in as a user on the website.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you can:
- Unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of every email which we send out
- Notify us by email [email protected] or by calling +44(0)1026 542901 and we will remove you from our lists within 5 working days
1.4. Age limit for use of website
Our website is designed for the use of persons over the age of 18. If it comes to our attention that someone under the age of 18 is accessing and using products and services provided by us without the consent, authorisation or agreement of a parent/guardian, we will terminate any account or marketing subscription that that person may have. If any parent/guardian has any concerns they should be forwarded in writing to [email protected]
We use closed circuit television cameras in our store, both in public and staff-only areas, for the purposes of security and theft-prevention. The use of cameras in store is indicated through high viability signage. By entering the store you are consenting to the capture, recording and storage of CCTV footage and images. All captured footage and images hare stored on a central, secure recording system which is not accessible to anyone other than appointed members of staff who have permission to access this CCTV system. All records are held for a period of 30 days before being automatically deleted, unless ongoing official investigations by the Police, any other law-enforcement body or statutory authority requires us to retain certain records for longer.
We do not and will never disclose, pass on or allow viewing of any images or footage by third parties without your express permission. The exception to this will be where we are required to provide access by law or where we act in good faith in the belief that to do so is necessary to investigate or protect against suspected criminal activities to our customers, visitors, associates, property (including this website) and to others.
Please see Section 3 for details on how to request footage/images we hold.
2. NON PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE DATA/INFORMATION
2.1. What we collect and track
We collect and track certain information about you that is not personally identifiable. This includes, but is not limited to, IP numbers and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual. We may use and disclose non-personally identifiable information for any number of reasons, including but not limited to, working with business partners and improving our website and services.
2.2. How non-personally identifiable information is obtained
Cookies are also used to measure the frequency of usage of pages and links on the website to allow us to optimise your web browsing experience and provide functionality such as order history and other connected elements which would be beneficial to you the browser and customer.
3. ACCESSING YOUR DATA, WITHDRAWING CONSENT & MAKING CHANGES
3.1. Your rights over personally identifiable information
- You have the right to request that inaccurate personal information that we hold relating to you is updated. The easiest way to do this is through your registered profile on the website - click on "My Account" and enter your designated password to access your account and to view and make changes. Alternatively you can email us at [email protected] detailing what you would like changed.
- You have the right to request the information we hold on you. To request this please contact us by email, phone or in writing. We will seek to provide you with your information as soon as practicable, and within a maximum of 30 days. If the request is received in an electronic format, we will supply information in an electronic format. We will not charge for providing this although an administrative fee may be payable if requests are deemed excessive and/or repetitive. We reserve the right, as set out in the GDPR, to refuse to provide all or some of the information requested if to do so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- The right to request that we delete your account and all data we hold on you. If you wish to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data or to request that records are deleted please contact us.
- The right to stop receiving marketing and other promotional messages - see Section 1.3. above for how to do this.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, the data protection regulator in the UK.
Contact details for data-related inquires:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44(0)1206 542901
Write to: Man John Limited, T/A Baccus, 2 Sir Issac’s Walk, Town Centre, Colchester, Essex CO1 1JJ
4.1. Scope of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies to this website as viewed in the UK, EU and the Rest of the World.
4.2. Updates to this policy
4.3. Trade Descriptions Act
Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions and specifications on this website are correct. However, whilst every care has been taken to ensure the products are reproduced as accurately as possible and with the most accurate colour representations, the colours of the products as displayed on your screen will depend on many factors including your display settings. All sizes and measurements are approximate. All goods are subject to availability – we may not be able to fulfil your order. Other items may be displayed in the product imagery or in other graphics and social media content. These are for display or publicity purposes only and are not for sale either with the product or separately, unless explicitly stated otherwise nor do they represent an endorsement of or affiliation with any particular brand, supplier or service provider.
5. KLARNA PAY LATER
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.